Bigfoot needs fin advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mikeguyver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I need your help! I just picked up a pair of Henderson aqua-lock 7mm boots in a size 13 that I like but now need to find a fin that will accept them. Most fins out there have an XL that would work with a normal boot but the Henderson has a massive sole. I have some split fin Aeres that I love and they work fine with my 5mm Scubapro deck soled boots. Any other "big foots" out there who can give me some ideas? Thanks for the help.

I recommend you try some Scubapro Jetfins. I have jets in both XL and XXL. The XL pair is just right with my size 12 feet and 6.5 mm soft sole boots. But with the XXL pair, I have plenty of room for rock boots.

Sent from my Galaxy S II using Tapatalk

^ this. Jetfins are the largest foot pocket of just about any fin around. Get ready to kick with all your might though :)

Turtles and Hollis F1 work well with my 13 Rockboots (which supposedly are "big").

From experience having used all of these, Scubapro jets, oms slipstreams and Hollis F1's.

I use OMS Slipstreams XXL. I wears the same size of boot as you do, and the XXL fit fine with my rock boots, and a little big with Scubapro booties.

I wear a size 14 and use the Hollis F-1's [XL, not the XXL....The XXL's are huge]...The XL's fit just right......

I wear a size 14 and use the Hollis F-1's [XL, not the XXL....The XXL's are huge]...The XL's fit just right......

I too had to go down to XL with 13 Rocks.....

---------- Post added ----------

Out of the three, (Jet, Slipstream and Hollis) which did you prefer?

F-1's

I found that the Aqualung Slingshot fin and the Mares Avanti Quatro had big enough foot pockets. I went with the Mares which fit perfectly with the Aqua-lock 13s. Thanks everyone for the replies and advice.

Back
Top Bottom