Big Scuba Pools: K26 and Deepstation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Inquisitive minds want to know.

I have been a proponent of facilities like this for a long time and would like to see more around the world. The more people understand about them the more likely they will find ways to make them economically viable in their areas.

I wonder if the owners of these facilities have looked into an arrangement with the Korean Navy to train their sailors in submarine rescue? A deep pool like this could also be used for helicopter escape training. Not many of the world's navies are big enough to need facilities like this full time, let alone justify their cost. There might be some win-win solutions lurking in there somewhere.

There was some talk about converting a surplus missal silo in the US for dive training but they haven't worked out. :(

For other divers like me that are interested in deep pools, this one recently opened.

Let's hope we are seeing a trend and more of these are built. What a great asset for training divers.

I have been a proponent of facilities like this for a long time and would like to see more around the world. The more people understand about them the more likely they will find ways to make them economically viable in their areas.

I wonder if the owners of these facilities have looked into an arrangement with the Korean Navy to train their sailors in submarine rescue? A deep pool like this could also be used for helicopter escape training. Not many of the world's navies are big enough to need facilities like this full time, let alone justify their cost. There might be some win-win solutions lurking in there somewhere.

There was some talk about converting a surplus missal silo in the US for dive training but they haven't worked out. :(
Their English website addresses some of these issues.

I’d dive a silo.

For other divers like me that are interested in deep pools, this one recently opened.

Let's hope we are seeing a trend and more of these are built. What a great asset for training divers.
That does look cool

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom