BIG old S***kicker booties!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grouchyturtle

Contributor
Reaction score
I finally got a drysuit, and like most people my old fins are too small, but not by much.

Since the fins are just a little too small on the dry suit, and fit pretty tight on my wet suit boots.

I was thinking of getting new larger booties. The ones I have now are I think 7mm, but pretty low profile. By getting larger, as in a higher profile boot (like some of these new ones that have treads like a pair of work boots). I should be able to get a larger pair of fins that I can use wet or dry.

This would save me the pain in the A$$ of having 2 pairs of fins. I can already see me driving an hour+ to a site to find out I brought my smaller fins, or even worse, unpacking my gear on vacation at someplace warm, to find out I brought my drysuit fins.

Also my springs would fit a little tighter when diving wet if I did this.

Is there any reason not to do this, other than the ridiculous, far fetched replies I can already imagine.

Like "Dude your feet will overheat in warm water with heavier boots."

or

"The extra drag will cause you to use .000197 PSI more on a dive at blah blah blah depth, for blah time!"

Just for mere convenience???????

Actually it is a good idea.

I would recommend the Mares Avanti Boots. I don't like Mares for some things, but I do have to say, their wetsuits and their booties rock.

I LOVE my Avanti boots. They have a 'sneaker' sole on them which will only flex up, not down, so it transfers all the power into the fin. They're great for rocky shoreline entries, as well. My LDS told me that the sole is actually made by Adidas. I don't know if it's true or not, but I don't care - they're good boots.

Leisurepro has them for less than $50.

They have a 'sneaker' sole on them which will only flex up, not down, so it transfers all the power into the fin
Cool another good reason!

Also I was thinking, I'll get more power, when diving wet. My fins are M, if I get the L, which is probably the size I'll need, not only is the foot pocket bigger, but also the fin itself!

Back
Top Bottom