Big Man's Dry Suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

trayzouave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Unfortunately for me I am a big man diving in cold water on a low budget. Last winter I was left with no choice but to dive wet in 35 degree PA quarries. It was not too uncomfortable after I invested in a pair of dry gloves. This winter I would like to have a dry suit, but custom suits seem to be too expensive and the used suits that I see for sale always have small boot sizes and a short length. Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a reasonably priced custom dry suit. Please include links in your posts. Thanks.

Without qualifying your size it's tough to say what suits to look at. I'd be willing to bet Viking has an Extreme that fits you off the rack. PM Bob3 on the board here and ask him, he's got great prices and will blow away any competition.

Look at http://www.scubacenter.com/drysuit.htm for various suits and click sizing for the sizes.

I am 5'11" and 335lbs.

Slightly different numbers for me- 6'4" and 240-50 lbs- I went to the scubacenter website- any idea what the best suit would be for a recreational diver who's usually pretty warm? Vulcanized? Compressed/Rolled neoprene? Something else?

Most of my diving is in the Caribbean anyway, but Scapa Flow and Vancouver I. are on my list.

Back
Top Bottom