Which Island has better scuba sites?

• Maui- Lahaina Area

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Big Island- Waikoloa

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hqduong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am debating between going to Maui or the Big Island to Scuba Dive.

I been to Maui and love it how easy it is to do a shore dive. How is it on the Big Island, If I am going to the Big Island I would like to do some morning shore dives as well.

Suggestions? Opinions?

I've only been to the big island and Oahu, but one thing about diving on the big island: manta ray night dive. I dove with Big Island Divers and they were great.

I just returned from the Big Island. I used Kona Dving Company for 16 dives, includiing the manta ray night dive, a long range charter, a night reef dive and they were wonderful. I arrived as a customer and left as a friend. They are rated #1 on Trip Advisor.

I think that the Big Island is a bit more interesting for diving. There are shore dives to be done that are interesting. The dive shops would have lists of them and directions. Remember that there are not huge sand beaches everywhere on the Big Island, you will more than likely be entering from rocks.
The Manta Ray Night dive is not to be missed!! We just did this one, 17 Mantas!! This is only doable by boat. They also have a deep water night dive- Jack's Diving Locker calls it Pelagic Magic. We plan to go back and do that in April.
Good luck with your trip!

I think that the Big Island is a bit more interesting for diving. There are shore dives to be done that are interesting. The dive shops would have lists of them and directions. Remember that there are not huge sand beaches everywhere on the Big Island, you will more than likely be entering from rocks.
The Manta Ray Night dive is not to be missed!! We just did this one, 17 Mantas!! This is only doable by boat. They also have a deep water night dive- Jack's Diving Locker calls it Pelagic Magic. We plan to go back and do that in April.
Good luck with your trip!

We had 17 as well. You didn't do it on 12/30, did you?

We had 17 as well. You didn't do it on 12/30, did you?

I have to laugh at myself. I read that and thought, "Helium? On the Manta dive?" :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom