Big Island shore diving guide?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

stebe

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi, my wife and I will be on the big island the first week of april and will be doing some shore diving, just wondering if there are any locals on here that would be keen to show a couple tourists around? Thanks!

I know one guy but he operates in the south, Miloli'i, Pebble Beach, Honaunau. Interested?

Sure let me know
Call Garry Russell at 808-328-9515. He also rents out a house and provides tanks and some other gear. To avoid too much driving, you can stay part of your vacation in the north, part in the south.

Call Garry Russell at 808-328-9515. He also rents out a house and provides tanks and some other gear. To avoid too much driving, you can stay part of your vacation in the north, part in the south.

Just finished up diving on the Big Island, I just want to say that Garry was amazing. We already had accommodations booked so unfortunately staying with him was not possible, even so he was booked, but he invited us to join him and his guests so we took him up on the offer and dove 3 days with them. He is seriously just about the nicest guy I've ever met and will take you to locations you will never find on your own. Two of the dives we did aren't even on shorediving.com, and were our favourites of the whole trip (except for the manta night dive which was u-n-b-e-l-i-e-v-a-b-l-e).

I highly recommend anyone going to the Big Island to shore dive to look up his vrbo rentals (VRBO.com #62707 - Tranquil Hideaway Cottage So Kona Free Scuba & Snorkel Tours), next time we will definitely be staying with him. You get an amazing extremely knowledgable guide for free, he provides weights and tanks for free, and will also take you kayaking, or climb around the bluffs with your kids looking for blowholes, etc. I know I'm starting to sound like an ad for this guy but I can't stress enough how much he helped us and showed us, he's just an all around great guy.

Glad you enjoyed it :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom