Big Island Local Dive Guides?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

czervos

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm visiting the Big Island next month primarily for work but plan to get in as much diving as possible. For the first part of my trip, I'll be working/ staying in the Waikoloa area. I'm looking for a local guide to do some shore diving with when I first arrive. Just want to do some buoyancy checks/ play with a new camera before I move down to Kona for the latter part of my stay. Does anybody know any local folks?

Thanks,
Chris

If need be, do a dive or two with a dive leader to get your feet wet, but the shore diving has a plethora of easy dives for those just getting back into the sport. For an instructor, Big island Divers or Jack's Diving Locker should be fine. You could dive a different must-do dive every day for weeks on Kona and still not hit them all. I hop over to Kona as often as I can, but if I only had a few days, I'd be sure to hit Honaunau, Crescent Beach, Ke'ei, and maybe the old airport. I'm sure some Kona locals will have some good suggestions as well.

Back
Top Bottom