Big Island dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
So NOW it comes to narrowing down the choices on the Big Island.....If you had 2 days to dive on the Big Island which dive sites would it be?
Thanks
Phyllis

If was shore diving for two days, I'd do the Place of Refuge one day and Puako the other day...if conditions allowed (I see you're planning on coming over at the end of January, and shore diving may or may not be good then... it's all dependent on the swell of the day).

If you're boat diving, you might get some input, but unless you rent out the whole boat and the sites are available and diveable you might not get a specific site. Most operators here are going to do their best to show you a site with good conditions that offer something the majority of their divers are going to want to see.

I'd definitely recommend trying to get the manta dive in if conditions are decent and the mantas are coming in at the time. As far as day dive sites go, Kona's got a lot of good ones and anyone who dives here a lot will likely have 8-10 favorites so you should have a lot to choose from.

Have fun,

I second place of refuge (was my favorit shore dive) or milepost 4. If going on a boat try and do manta night dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom