Big Island and Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

These are good reports, I've been to both Islands twice and would look forward to going back to either anytime. No plans with the economy as my pay has been effected as well. I would say making sure you have a chance to dive at the Manta site at night is a must as it was this years highlight...last night I reviewed our Manta dive video we had with Big Island Divers....wow, those Mantas are incredible!
Dive Molokini (off Maui) for sure, if you have some experience you for sure want to dive the backside, if not too much experience then try a request for "reef's end" a slight drift dive on the southwest toward the west side of Molokini. Molokini has had the best viz of anyplace we've been in Hawaii.

Molokini
Image164-1.jpg

Place of refuge(Big Island)
Image084.jpg

the turtles off Hawaii are very approachable(St. Anthony's wreck)
File0309.jpg

For a boat trip to Lanai I can highly recommend Extended Horizons out of Mala Ramp (West Maui).
I've been out with this operator several times from right after completing AOW and huffing a tank in 30 minutes at 30 feet to my last trip as an instructor with my newly certified daughter. Each time these folks have treated me very well and adapted to my level of experience.
As previously posted, one of the owners (Erik) often captains the boat and is one of the folks who placed many of the moorings at Lanai. As such he is intimately familiar with the dive sites in the area and does everything possible to ensure you get a good dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom