Closed BIG honkin Hollis Reel $125 shipped to CONUS. 800ft maybe?

Sold or no longer available

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rollin Bonz

*insert catchy phrase here*
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Picked this up in a lot purchase a while back. Been sitting in my gear pile since. I have no use for it...

Hollis reel. Not finding one this big when I google it. 800ft I'm assumning.

$125 net to me shipped to your CONUS address.

1662747541647.png
1662747570599.png
1662747594046.png
1662747657802.png
1662747706711.png

Picked this up in a lot purchase a while back. Been sitting in my gear pile since. I have no use for it...

Hollis reel. Not finding one this big when I google it. 800ft I'm assumning.

$125 net to me shipped to your CONUS address.

View attachment 742739 View attachment 742740View attachment 742741View attachment 742743View attachment 742744
I’d ask Hollis if that is the new or old spool material. They’re pretty good about replacing them under warranty but there can be tendency to warp if they’re the old style.

I’d ask Hollis if that is the new or old spool material. They’re pretty good about replacing them under warranty but there can be tendency to warp if they’re the old style.
Thanks @grantctobin for the heads up, I'll do that. Any idea when the transition in material occurred?

For those interested, I received a response from Josef at Huish Outdoors today...

"Thanks for reaching out. We are unaware of any issues with the 800 foot reel warping or having any defects.​
We no longer make the 800 foot but it was not for that reason. "​

@grantctobin

For those interested, I received a response from Josef at Huish Outdoors today...

"Thanks for reaching out. We are unaware of any issues with the 800 foot reel warping or having any defects.​
We no longer make the 800 foot but it was not for that reason. "​

@grantctobin
Nice. Nick had sent me delrin discs for my 400’ (200’?) back in mid 2020 but guess never impacted the larger reels.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom