Big fish Action - Solomons - Fiji - PNG - ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubajunky17

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
HI All,
I have dived French Polynesia - Rangiroa and Fakarava and was amazed with the diving there, right up there with the Galapagos (well nearly ) in my book.
I have also dived all over Asia and loved Palau, been there twice.
Is there anywhere else in the region which compares to FP ?
I have heard great things about PNG but don't want to spend $200 - 300 dollars per night for accommodation. I also heard that the Solomons could be expensive too.
So for big fish action which is the most consistent and best out of Fiji, SI and PNG and how do they compare price wise ? Is Figi way a cheaper place to be and how is the diving in comparison?
Would really appreciate it if someone could help out with this.

I've dived in Fiji, PNG and Solomons and I think the Solomons is the best. You need to find a liveaboard that isnt full of yanks (difficult) and you need to get to the outer places - Gizo, Munda. There are plenty of fish and amazing wrecks from WW2. People are friendly, especially on outer islands. Give yourself plenty of time, flight connections arent that reliable but baggage allowance for divers is generous in the Solomons. Fiji is a lot cheaper but connecting to the outer islands is expensive. I can fly Syd to Nadi cheaper than Nadi to Tavenui! The diving on Viti Levu is not as good as the outer islands IMO.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom