Big feet-what fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sober

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hey folks,
I am looking for a new set of fins-ones that will actually fit my feet. I wear a 15 and with booties on it seems everything is way to small-like I can get about the half of my foot in-and that is it.
Does anyone have experiance with who makes a fin with a cavern sized foot pocket? I am not really looking for split fins but will try anything.
Please suggest away
Thanks
Steve

SD-1 Military Force Fins. Call them up and see about their split SD-1. I Tested the new SD-1 Foil Force in Belize and it was one sweet pair of fins. Talk to them and see if they can make it happen. They are the best and quality does not come cheap. Made in America and they work for me up here in Alaska. In fact I am diving at High tide with my new Flying Force Fins tomorrow.

Hi Steve,

You sound like the one guy who could actually fit the Scubapro Jet Fin XXL size. It's an old school paddle fin that's pretty popular with tech divers, and you could park your car into the foot pocket of the XXL. Leisurepro carries them for a pretty low price, too.

turtle.fins.xxxl.jpg

DC

I'm a 15 also, and have a bunch of hardware in 1 foot that makes the instep rather high compared to the other foot. Fins I found that fit, FF SD-1 and scubapro twin jet XXL. SD-1's are great because you can adjust the foot pocket itself to fit what ever exposure protection,footwear you're using.

SCUBA Diving Fins...All-Purpose Fins for All-Purpose Diving

Hey folks,
I am looking for a new set of fins-ones that will actually fit my feet. I wear a 15 and with booties on it seems everything is way to small-like I can get about the half of my foot in-and that is it.
Does anyone have experiance with who makes a fin with a cavern sized foot pocket? I am not really looking for split fins but will try anything.
Please suggest away
Thanks
Steve

any of the ForceFin XXL will fit fine with a wetsuit bootie, unless you have a really thick sole bootie. The ForceFin is great as you can add a comfort instep and size them down to fit what ever you are wearing that day. A drysuit boot will probably be a tight and you'll want the XXXL. The XXXL is huge, it was actually built for a combat boot so most people even find their drysuit boot is too small for the XXXL. The SD-1 is awesome, as it is completely adjustable for any foot size, and is very similar to Jets, a little more flexible, but in a good way.

I wear a 15 EEEE and have a pair of mares volo fins. I wear the fins with booties and they are a very comfortable fit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom