big blue batteries?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TheQuintessentialMan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Has anyone had any luck with some of the "brand x" Big Blue replacement batteries? Both of mine failed recently, Both were working, one died mid dive so I recharged both. After recharging neither would work. These are about 3 y/o OEM (less than 20 charge cycles) and based on voltage and charger response both are failed. Seems outrageous to pay $250 for a 7 cell 18650 pack even though they do use quality cells. Have seen some 3rd party replacements from Interlight, Next, and even Amazon ranging from $70 to $100. Just wondering if anyone has tried any of these and with what results?

Has anyone had any luck with some of the "brand x" Big Blue replacement batteries? Both of mine failed recently, Both were working, one died mid dive so I recharged both. After recharging neither would work. These are about 3 y/o OEM (less than 20 charge cycles) and based on voltage and charger response both are failed. Seems outrageous to pay $250 for a 7 cell 18650 pack even though they do use quality cells. Have seen some 3rd party replacements from Interlight, Next, and even Amazon ranging from $70 to $100. Just wondering if anyone has tried any of these and with what results?
Seems worth a try. How could they be any worse?

To follow up, I had been having an email discussion with Big Blue off and on for a few weeks. In the end Big Blue fixed the issue for me and everything is good now. From my personal experience, Big Blue has outstanding customer service.

Back
Top Bottom