Bifocal mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got My Sea Vision Ultra with my prescription with bifocals. I can SEE my gauges again! Awesome mask should have done this a couple of years ago and quit messing around with the stick on stuff. Bought it on line directly from Sea Vision for $235 paid for the express service, included in that price and had the mask 4 days after I ordered it. Very Satisfied.

what lenses did you get, clear, yellow, or color corrective ?????

We are also confirmed Sea Vision fans.

Originally we had bifocal colour corrective lenses, but the next time went with clear. The cc lenses are not especially good at night or in low light/vis situations.

Amazon.com: OPTX 20/20 Stick-On Bifocals, +1.75: Health & Personal Care
This site shows them available up to +3.00; I'm still using +1.5.

I use the el-cheapo stick-ons and have had NO problems with adhesion provided that I apply them correctly. [...] BUT. Be advised that they have a flat side and a convex side. If you don't place them with the flat side down, they don't stick well (and sometimes not at all).

Well, I just received the Optx stick-on lenses from Amazon. My normal reading correction is +2.25, so I ordered the stick-ons in +2.00.

Like I said, with a -9.5 spherical distance correction in my dive mask lenses, that creates quite a lot of concave curvature on the inside. There was no way I could get the Optx lens to stick, at all, with the flat side down.

But it worked with the convex side down. That should result in about the same correction.

I'm still waiting for the mask to dry completely, but I did try the lens (only on the left side) in the air. I'm a bit disappointed. While it did magnify things a bit at close range, and reading vision was sharp up to about a foot away, any farther than that (console-reading distance) and things started to get blurry. But they were still reasonably sharp at those distances with just the spherical correction of the mask lenses. So I'm not sure there's going to be any net advantage.

I'll dive the mask next week, and see how it works in the water.

Hi- I am new to this board- but I bought a pair of the optic inserts- and i am having trouble getting them to stick to the lenses! Any Ideas as to how i can fix this problem??

Ellen2Dive, Yes, to a degree...you need to put them on wet, and let them dry a day or so before using them. Then you need to be very careful about using them in the open water, as if you do the normal rinse they should stay in position, but if you do much more they can become dislodged and be lost. I have lost two that way, and finally went to bifocal lenses rather than worry about it.

SeaRat

Love my Sea-Visions !!!!!

the K

My wife has used the gauge reader mask for several years and it works great. She is able to see the control on her camera with ease. Comes in +1.75 and she requires a
+2.5 so underwater it works great. Cost is $68 from scubatoys. We have bought a couple over the years and it may be that I have to move to one before long.

We went through a bunch of peel and stick lenes and it was quite common to lose at least one pair during a week long trip. Not an issue with this mask.

My wife has used the gauge reader mask for several years and it works great. She is able to see the control on her camera with ease. Comes in +1.75 and she requires a
+2.5 so underwater it works great. Cost is $68 from scubatoys. We have bought a couple over the years and it may be that I have to move to one before long.

We went through a bunch of peel and stick lenes and it was quite common to lose at least one pair during a week long trip. Not an issue with this mask.

I can also vouch for the XS Scuba gauge reader. I have this one as well as Buy XS scuba z duo m-line mask MZ2 with reviews at scuba.com

with bifocal lenses. Both work well, but the latter you can customize to your diopter strength.

Adam

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom