Bicep Drysuit Exhaust Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking at purchasing a used Bare ATR-HD in excellent condition...

However, I tried the suit in the pool and the exhaust valve is on my bicep. Any tricks to dumping the air with it? I found it very difficult to get that last bit of air out, especially since I like a nice squeeze.

Uncle Pug once bubbled...
perhaps right lateral recumbent or just supine with the left arm slightly elevated and the feet lowered.

I'd move the valve.

Moving the valve will be financially impractical right now...just looking for suggestions on how to contort myself so the air trapped in the shoulder will vent out. Seems like a dumb place to put a valve.

I'm also looking at a Viking X-treme tomorrow. We'll see how that works out. I love the fit of the Bare.

Remember in grade school...or high school...when you'd take one hand and put it in the opposite armpit, then flap the second arm and make that fart sound?

Reach over with the right hand, and hit the dump, then lean to the right a little and flap your left arm like you're making that fart sound.

What it does is makes your arm the high point then by flapping, it lets the bubble roll to the shoulder dump.

You should see bubbles - like a fart.

Hey, it works for me!

norcaldiver once bubbled...
Remember in grade school...or high school...when you'd take one hand and put it in the opposite armpit, then flap the second arm and make that fart sound?

Reach over with the right hand, and hit the dump, then lean to the right a little and flap your left arm like you're making that fart sound.

What it does is makes your arm the high point then by flapping, it lets the bubble roll to the shoulder dump.

You should see bubbles - like a fart.

Hey, it works for me!

Sounds kinda like doing the funky chicken underwater :cluck: :bounce: :D

Aaron,
Mine has the bicep dump valve as well. I didn't like it and I'm considering having it moved. But I'm going to give it a few more tries before I decide...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom