BHB twilight 05-17-12 sunrise 05-18-12 ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idive2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Thursday evening 05-17-12 looks to be a 7:08 PM high tide with the sunset that day being 8:02 PM
If getting in a bit before might be able to get in a sixty minute dive and still be out of the
water before 8:02 PM sunset.

Friday morning 05-18-12 looks to be a 7:13 AM high tide with sunrise at 6:31 AM.

Please confirm these tides with your own tide charts but I think they are pretty close.

I believe Force E is having as Saturday evening night dive on 05-19-12.

Yep on the tide times--I am using the yellow printed ones from SeaTow available at Force E and elsewhere.

Entered about 30 minutes before high tide which is rare for me but wanted to get in at least sixty minutes
before sunset. The viz was great to start the dive at an easy 40 ft and a very nice blue with purple cast to
the water. While spending some time south of the little bridge waiting for slack tide I was joined by a spotted
eagle ray that just circled the area for five minutes or so. The viz at end of dive was still at 20 to 30 ft so really
very nice viz throughout. Temps through most of the dive were at 81F and toward the end showed 80F, very
comfortable. More divers there than I had expected and everyone seemed to be enjoying their dives.
23 fsw, 67 minutes, 80F degrees...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom