BH Jan ???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I need to plan a dive in January as its been a couple months......

I will likely find a buddy, and then schedule and go, but if anyone has anything planned in Jan or has dates they would like to go down post them here.

I will change the title or start a new thread when we get the dates decided.

We have been having arctic air & snow storms the past couple of weeks here in NM. Roads have been dangerous and I-40 has been closed from here to Santa Rosa several times. I know a few people are over diving this weekend, and I think they are nuts. Our high temp today, here in ABQ, is in 20s. Brrrrrrrr. :errrr:

That is not to say that we won't have a warm day or two here or there, but it just seems these cold fronts keep blowing across the state every few days... I am blaming California! :cool2:
So keep that in mind if you drive down.

robin:D

20's LOL! We never saw 20F for much of last week.. The high around NewYears eve was like 0.

Yeah, not interested in how cold it is going to get, or what type of snowfall we may have, just if folks are planning on diving in Santa Rosa in Jan, and when!

Ron likes to dive in adverse conditions, don't encourage him. Unfortunately I will be working weekends all winter so no BH for me.

He will have ample time over the next few weeks as the forecast is rather raw other than a couple of weekdays. Personally I am back to So Cal for work and a weekend of diving Catalina or Anacapa, much more comfy.

wow, here I thought I was giving you helpful information about road conditions and the fact they may be closed.... sorry to bother you.

I appreciate the info, but a weather report is something that one can easily obtain. Not much enthusiasm for a trek in January, but we shall see....

The Tech crowd will be down the third weekend to do Rock Lake.

He will have ample time over the next few weeks as the forecast is rather raw other than a couple of weekdays. Personally I am back to So Cal for work and a weekend of diving Catalina or Anacapa, much more comfy.

Not sure that the water temps in S. CA will be pleasant, but that is what drysuits are made for! :D

I am always surprised when diving channel islands how few drysuits I see. Maybe half of the folks on the live aboard we did (Peace) were diving dry, the rest were shivering!

Have fun is SOCAL. I has become on of my favorite spots... but can it really compare to the mighty BH? :rofl3:

Kevin, are you at BH in January?

Not sure that the water temps in S. CA will be pleasant, but that is what drysuits are made for! :D

I am always surprised when diving channel islands how few drysuits I see. Maybe half of the folks on the live aboard we did (Peace) were diving dry, the rest were shivering!

Have fun is SOCAL. I has become on of my favorite spots... but can it really compare to the mighty BH? :rofl3:

Kevin, are you at BH in January?

The water at Anacapa 3 weeks ago was still 56F. There were a few wussies in dry suits but real men know how to tough it out. :D

I don't mind diving wet, but the SI's can be a real bear. Once the boys are out of college, I will wimp out and buy one.

The water at Anacapa 3 weeks ago was still 56F. There were a few wussies in dry suits but real men know how to tough it out. :D

I don't mind diving wet, but the SI's can be a real bear. Once the boys are out of college, I will wimp out and buy one.

I paid around $400 for my drysuit (Bare Nexgen) with undies. It was used, but I have been diving that for maybe 6 years. It is likley the best piece of equipment I have purchased (value vs. cost).

There is likely some justification for buying the farm (I dove a Whites Fusion, and REALLY liked that), but you can get into a drysuit much cheaper than most believe, and I gotta say the Bare Nexgen is one heck of a drysuit for the $$$.

Back
Top Bottom