Beware of Treasure Island Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

be safe get a rider for sports equipment before each trip.. they can add it to your house insurance for next to nothing.

There is also an insurance company associated with DAN.
I think you can get around 10 to 15K worth of gear insured for $100 a year.

The only hassle with them is....you have to type up your own policy on line...and it costs $15 to add a new item to your policy.

Was planning to dive with TI, but I think that I will go with another dive operation and will keep my stuff with me at the hotel. May be a hassle, but better than the alternative.

Penny

Sorry about the loss Horns but my, my wife's, and friend's time spent diving with TI was top notch - great group of Dive Master's, would recommend them to anyone that asked, and without a doubt will dive them everytime in GC.

I agree with fortworthdiver. My wife and I stayed at Coconut Harbor and TI was the dive operation on site and they gave us good service. We took our gear back to Coconut Harbor after the boat dives because there is shore diving from the hotel and they had gear lockers available and TI provided tanks for shore diving.

Sorry about your gear, I know how irritating it is to loose equipment.

Stuff like that is part of why I like Cobalt Coast and DiveTech so much.

I've stayed with them (full dive package) the last 2 trips to GC and had not one complaint.

Cobalt Coast has a dunk tank for cleanup and well vented lockers setup outside to store wet gear in for the week. They will loan you a lock if you don't bring one with you.

I hung my BC, skin and fins in the locker to dry. Regs stayed in the room with me when not in use...

Back
Top Bottom