Beware of pointing sticks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just a suggestion:

I got a set of G250s from another scubaboarder and they are pretty nice! In fact, they are now my favorite. I want another set or at least a spare but my OCD will preclude anything but a really nice one. The search goes on. But I will not be greedy, I have at least the one set. And I keep mine in that nice regulator bag in the link.

James

I showed up for a cave class a number of years ago with a small hole inside the bladder of my Evolve wing, never could figure out from where. Luckily, a piece of duct tape kept things together until I could get home and replace it.
Ouch … an expensive replacement :)

Just a suggestion:

I suspect many of us used a separate reg bag when we were newer divers (because they came with the reg set we bought) before we got comfortable with the idea that regs are robust things that don't need to be coddled in separate padded bags. Maybe we get too comfortable with that idea.

Heck, sometimes when I just want to get home after a dive, I leave regs on SM tanks. Or if the first stage is frozen to a tank. :D

But usually they’re put into an IKEA shopping bag with my undies and computers. I do transport to the dive site in a reg bag.

Maybe we get too comfortable with that idea.
Maybe so.

Equipment, regulators, I can replace easily with the click of my mouse pad get one level of treatment and equipment/regulators I love that are not easily replaceable nor parts thereof get another, entirely different level of treatment. Does not your "life support" equipment deserve a bag for transport and storage? I am not sure regulators are all that robust, I have seen too many broken, cracked, dented, deeply scratched and now at least one with a hole in a difficult to replace part. But, each to their own.

I sincerely hope the OP finds a nice replacement without too much grief. I wish I had a spare I could donate to the cause but my G250 pickings are seriously sparse.

James

Thanks for all the replies and the interest.
I think for now I am good with the replacement I've got.
Just to clarify the stick is not sharp. Its' diameter is 3mm (about 0.12 inch) and blunt.

1637434159943.png

No way it can get trough the outer layer of eg the wing. Even if I try to nail it with a hammer or something through the wing, the stick is soft and it will just bend.
The silicon diaphragm though proved to be too fragile for it :crying:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom