Beware of French Lady

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Who? MEEEE????
Oh yeah. Guess I neglected to mention DON'T STICK YOUR LIPS IN THE SHARK'S MOUTH either!

Chief, you should appreciate this. Went to the marine park's presentation at the Museo Friday night. Whole thing was in Spanish. "Wait! I know that word!"
I did learn some things, and the lionfish treats that La Perlita served after were muy riquisimo! Empanadas, sopes, and a lionfish cabbage roll that was amazing.

I guess anybody can be surprised by a shark. Have you seen this video of Jim Abernethy, West Palm, Fla shark guy? Massive Mako Shark Surprises Diver and Blue Marlin! - YouTube
Several years ago, my brother-in-law had a good sized marlin blanco on the line giving him a good fight when it suddenly ripped 50 yards of line off the reel, and then the line went slack. He thought he'd lost the fish, but when he reeled it in he was left with a bit less than half of what would have been a 80-90 lb white.

Love the drift diving. Learned the find some structure to hide behind and wait trick very very early on. The only real problems I have seen so far when drifting Coz was when a photog decides to take ten minutes to get a shot of something. Me no like that at all. When you are asked to stay with the group just say, "no my partner and I will take care of ourselves so we can take our time getting pics", or learn to flash and dash so the rest of the group is constantly having to worry about where the heck you are this time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom