BEWARE of CARFAX!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Okay, I've had it with CARFAX. I've contacted our local CBS affiliate troubleshooter and am drafting a letter to my State Atty Gen.

Carfax has an inaccurate report on a vehicle my family is trying to sell. I've provided the documentation to them over 9 business days ago. They promised a resolution within 24 to 48 hours. NOTHING!

The last response I had from them was last Friday, stating they would be in touch Monday. Nothing. I've emailed them twice since and no response.

Here's the kicker. You can't call them. You can only contact them by email and wait till they decide to bless you with a response. IF you do successfully get a phone number you are stuck in voicemail he!! till you give up.

WARNING! If you've got a vehicle for sale, and they have WRONG info, potential buyers will steer clear of your vehicle due to a false report. AND the only way you can find out if the information is correct is to PAY for the report yourself!!

ARGH!!

Sorry about your problem. I've worked part-time at a new car dealership in the sales dept for the last 11 years. Regarding CarFax, we had a car that was traded in to us which had $4500 in repaired damage. The CarFax had nothing about the major accident listed. They can only add reported facts, so their reports are not aways accurate. I hope you can resolve the issue with them.

scubajim:
Sorry about your problem. I've worked part-time at a new car dealership in the sales dept for the last 11 years. Regarding CarFax, we had a car that was traded in to us which had $4500 in repaired damage. The CarFax had nothing about the major accident listed. They can only add reported facts, so their reports are not aways accurate. I hope you can resolve the issue with them.

Not only this, but the information provided varies from state to state. Some states do not allow the inclusion of certain types of damage. Or so I was told by my mechanic.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom