BEWARE False "Destruction" Reports Re: Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Christi, hope you are doing A-oK! :)

I would like to see some specific examples.....cause as far as I know, it is a well known fact that Aldora has the only dive pier left on the island. :) And alot of the dive ops with shops on the beach got washed away, including the ONLY dive op I have ever used, Papa Hogs.

Plus Dave from Aldora has been pretty spot on in most of his reports. I haven't seen anywhere else where people are saying he is lying etc.

Now if he is PMing people, then shame on him.....message board readers need to report it to the forum mods and let them k-line his login. But as far as publicly, he seems to be nothing other than a good job of self promotion, which lots of others on here have done a good deal of in the past. :14:

So let the people who run the boards take care of it, don't turn this tragedy into a giant forum war by posting a huge flame thrower on your 2nd post James. That is what Trolls do.

:07:

Christi:
They were private messages sent to two of my customers and I don't feel it necessary to publish them, the person who did it knows who they are and is aware that I know. I am not threatened by this tactic. Obviously, my clients had enough respect to forward these messages to me and will be diving with me in December and February respectively.

I am also not the one offering accommodations and a pier...I HAVE offered to assist my clients who need to find alternative lodging, but that has all been through private e-mails. I was invited by a moderator to post my statement and the moderator "stuck" it.

I'm sorry if you are offended by my posts...and i apologize if I misunderstood your post.

Not at all.....I'm po'd at whoever sent them to you!

Pier? What pier?

BTW..How did you truck come out this time?

Take Care

Ron

Brules:
it is a well known fact that Aldora has the only dive pier left on the island.
Just a quick correction ('cause I can't keep my mouth shut):

The "Aldora" pier is not owned by Aldora... Another company owns it. To use it, the dive ops must pay monthly rent. I believe Dave make this distinction somewhere on the Aldora webpage but I'm not about to go looking for it.

As far as the other stuff... I ain't gettin' involved!

Ron Brandt:
Not at all.....I'm po'd at whoever sent them to you!

Pier? What pier?

BTW..How did you truck come out this time?

Take Care

Ron

Thanks Ron...I was hoping that's how it was.

"Lola" my truck came out fine again :) Although, the wall that she was up against was bowing quite a bit according to my friend who kindly took my truck in :) Lola would not have faired well in my driveway so I'm glad I didn't leave her there. She does still have the big dent in the back drivers side where I was rear-ended in August...have been waiting on parts from the dealership...NOW how long do you think it's going to be to get it fixed...haha! The dent is kinda cute now...it's a "battle scar" :wink:

I saw your boys the day after Wilma...on 30th...stopped my truck, got out and gave them both hugs even though we were all really stinky...haha! I was so glad to see them and that they were ok that I didn't care!

Anyway...let's stop this thread before it gets out of hand...it's moving in that direction...anyone second that motion?

Let's keep the big picture in mind and that is....we are all alive, we are all going to move on, and the survivors will survive! This is a setback...nothing more!

Please stop the personal attacks on each other and stick to the topic of the misinformation tactic apparently being used to draw business away from the businesses recovering from the hurricane damage.

If you notice that your post is gone, that's because it was deleted for containing an attack on another user on a personal level and did nothing to contribute to the thread.

Thank you.

...back to the subject: First, Aldora Pier is not "dave's," second, there are other piers and third, everyone is going to get in the water. My apologies to the person that was talking about "apple vacations," as it sounded like they were insulting my friend, and her most wonderful dive operation, Dive Paradise (and as a scuba instructor with over 25 years diving experience, I think I can tell the difference between a good and bad dive op). Also, not once anywhere did I do a commercial for Apple or dive paradise - I am correcting FALSE AND FRAUDULENT (and as an attorney, I know what FRAUDULENT means) information being circulated on these boards, which is the height of unacceptable and immoral behavior, and I was noting that, challenging it, and telling people (once again), don't believe what people are posting unless you hear it from the owner of your favorite operator, and not telling anyone why they should or shouldn't dive with someone, or who is good or bad or in or out of business. Finally, as the song says (and as a musician and a guy who actually went to over 300 Grateful Dead concerts, I know the lyrics) "if you plant ice, you're going to harvest winds."

Peasche

gratefuljames:
...back to the subject: First, Aldora Pier is not "dave's," second, there are other piers and third, everyone is going to get in the water. My apologies to the person that was talking about "apple vacations," as it sounded like they were insulting my friend, and her most wonderful dive operation, Dive Paradise (and as a scuba instructor with over 25 years diving experience, I think I can tell the difference between a good and bad dive op). Also, not once anywhere did I do a commercial for Apple or dive paradise - I am correcting FALSE AND FRAUDULENT (and as an attorney, I know what FRAUDULENT means) information being circulated on these boards, which is the height of unacceptable and immoral behavior, and I was noting that, challenging it, and telling people (once again), don't believe what people are posting unless you hear it from the owner of your favorite operator, and not telling anyone why they should or shouldn't dive with someone, or who is good or bad or in or out of business. Finally, as the song says (and as a musician and a guy who actually went to over 300 Grateful Dead concerts, I know the lyrics) "if you plant ice, you're going to harvest winds."

Peasche

Roll away....

I don't know about you, but I really do need a miracle every day. ;^)

Any dive op that bad mouths another dive op, or gives false reports on them, will lose divers. Any dive op that says that they are fully operational and are not, will lose divers. Maybe I missed it but I have not seen any dive ops trashing each other.

1. Christi, are you sure the dent on Lola isn't on the "divers" side?

2. who needs a pier to go diving, wade out to the boat..drop in eq...go diving!!!

3. OYI!(SP?) Y'ALL ARE GIVIN' ME A HEADACHE!!! Save your pennies, (pesos), contact
YOUR dive op and hotel and GO DIVING!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom