Beuchat wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DXHI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I found this company and was wondering how descent of quality of wetsuit vs an Aqualung or Bare?

I have a 8/7 semidry suit (closed cell) but it really sucks getting it on and off and the movement is similar to the kid in red Ryder BB gun

Looking at their Open cell Espadon .. so I have more freedom of movement.
Have a 3 day multi dive trip coming up in November and water temp is going to be approx 56-58 F

More worried about comfort and mobility than warmth as i tend to run very hot.. (Ie I can tolerate those temperatures for 2 dives - solid hour each in my 5 mil .and just barely start getting cold at the end of the second dive ) …

But being realistic.. we’re going to be doing 4 tanks on this trip for 3 days so I do know I’ll need the 7/8

Beauchat is a pretty well known manufacturer in Europe. I've got an old Focea 5mm wetsuit that I'm happy with but to be fair I've only done around 20 to 30 dives in it. These days I'm either dry or in a rashie.

Beuchat has been around for decades.For the record, it was Georges Beuchat who introduced Albert Falco to J-Y Cousteau.

I had several Beuchat 5 mil wetsuits since 1990 and can't say anything bad about them.

Several of my buddies dive those 2 models in colder water (12 to 18°C, 54 to 65 F to you) and they seem to be satisfied. In those waters, I dive dry.

Several of my buddies dive those 2 models in colder water (12 to 18°C, 54 to 65 F to you) and they seem to be satisfied. In those waters, I dive dry.

Do you know how this particular suit fits and how flexible the material is please? I was looking at buying it but I am concerned that the sizing is "French" (meaning slimmer bodies) and won't fit "American sizing" :)

Do you know this particular suit fits and how flexible the material is please? I looking at buying it but concerned that the sizing is "French" (meaning slimmer bodies) and won't fit "American sizing" :)

Well, I didn't try the suit personally, but everybody told me the neoprene was flexible enough, no feeling of wearing a full plate armour. It's very likely the sizing is "French", but click on "Guide des tailles" (i.e size chart), there's a very elaborate sketch of the suit, with all measurements in cm and inches, it'll give an accurate enough idea, I think.

Yes, as my fellow friend @JMBL says it so well, Beuchat is more european sizing, meaning XL is most likely for someone tall than ..."American sizing". Here you are

Grille-de-tailles-BEUCHAT-Homme-humide.jpg

Yes, as my fellow friend @JMBL says it so well, Beuchat is more european sizing, meaning XL is most likely for someone tall than ..."American sizing". Here you are

Yep, that's more French/Italian slender sizing not the "prosperous/wide" American sizing :)

Funny seeing you here, mate !

I have an "old" Focea comfort 4 semi dry 7mm and a 5mm shorty with an attached hood from 2024. I think the quality is decent, have done around 80 dives with them both salt and fresh water.

I am happy. 35m at 11 Degree Celsius is comfortable even with repetetive dives for me wearing both of them. Well 6 degree celsius at 20m (other computer showed 4, mine is generally a bit higher) was fresh, but ok for a couple of minutes. Here my boots were more of a problem..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom