Better than a Petrel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As I suggested before, did you remove the dongle, manually delete the BT drivers, and upon re-connecting the dongle, let your OS auto re-install them?

As I suggested before, did you remove the dongle, manually delete the BT drivers, and upon re-connecting the dongle, let your OS auto re-install them?

As I said before... I don't use the BT dongle because my computer has BT built in. I disconnected that connection and repaired it with no success though.

Might I suggest you start a new thread as it will likely get more attention.
As I said before... I don't use the BT dongle because my computer has BT built in. I disconnected that connection and repaired it with no success though.

Yeah, I explored their site. But how is their pedigree and "ecosystem"? I mean, reliability record and customer support, for instance, and how long they are around? Are they here to stay? Where are they located and produce their gadgets. Didn't find that on the website. Their logo suggests Greece or Russia...
Sorry for the delay.

As you may have noticed, several people associated with the shop have similar user names, and we have different roles and different levels of expertise. I am not an expert on the Ratio computers, and I was passing on advice from those who were more knowledgeable than I. We conferred, and we decided that the best thing to do was to suggest that you call the shop and ask for Chris or Mike, both of whom will be able to give you all the advice you need. Tell them I sent you when you call.

815-267-8400

---------- Post added December 28th, 2015 at 01:59 PM ----------

Some more information:

It's an italian company. They have been diving and selling their computers for a couple years with no major issues. They are just now making their way to the US market.

They are opening up a distribution center in Florida, so there won't be any issues for service, if something arose. We will have them in stock in a couple of weeks.

Looks like HW have stopped producing the OSTC Sport, well that was short lived, wonder why...

It's just a rebrand. The Plus comes in a Sport or Tech configuration. and you can still have the pretty colours.

I'm still very tempted with the OSTC 4 to run alongside my Eon Steel (which I still love)

I'm like a magpie with Shiny Scuba stuff...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom