Better Moalboal or APO / Siquijor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sbiriguda

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have to decide which one to drop among these, due to short time
I will do diving and snorkeling and my wife will do only snorkeling
Which one is better among these? Moalboal + Apo Island or Moalboal + Siquiojor or Apo Island + Siquijor?
If travelling there, which is the best place to stay in each of the three towns for diving/snorkeling?
In Moalboal I have been told to stay in White Beach rather than in Moalboal downtown
Thanks

1- Pescador is probably one of the best dives in the Philippines, the sardine school is also unique so you cannot drop Moalboal. I haven't been to Siquijor but I haven't been much impressed with Apo isl. though, Siquijor probably provides better beaches.
2- Moalboal : if your interest is into diving strictly stay at Panagsama beach, besides that it's closer to Pescador than White beach and the sardine school is at your doorstep.

Travelling takes time in the country.
Cebu City(International Airport) is closest to Moalboal while Dumaguete Airport(Domestic only) is the one for the other two places.
If time is short, 4 - 5 days, stay in Moalboal.
Siquijor has much better beaches than other two.
I have been to Panagsama Beach several times but never found anywhere which was resemble to a beach!
Moalbooal has sardines
Malapascua has thresher shark and beach.

Moalboal is a party town, the diving is good, the sardines which reside in front of Panagsama are amazing.
Siquijor is much more relaxing, great, great diving, healthy reefs, and you won't see other divers underwater. I love it there. It's not party central, but there are enough good restaurants for a week.
Apo Island is best dived from Dauin/Dumaguete. It's far from Moalboal, and it's difficult to reach from Siquijor (trips not always running). I would not recommend staying on Apo. If you want to combine Siquijor and Apo, first dive Siquijor, then go back with the ferry to Dumaguete and dive Apo from a nice resort in Dauin.

Thank you very much for your suggestions, always precious as usual
I had to skip Malapascua for several reasons, that place remains in my heart I want to go there and I will plan that trip. There are also many other places I would like to see: Danajon Bank and Jetafe in northern Bohol, Camotes Island, etc. etc. I will leave them for another trip together with Malapascua

Based on your information, I will change my trip schedule in order to include:
1) Moalboal
2) Siquijor

Apo Island and perhaps even Dauin only if possible

Thanks a lot again

If you are leaving the country through Manila then you better plan the domestic connection carefully. Missing the flight back to Italy is expensive.

I will pass by Cebu. I kept a whole day just to be sure (the flight back is like 5 pm from Cebu local time, I should move to Cebu City in the morning)
Moalboal anyway should be well connected to Mactan Island Airport

Go to Suquijor first and then Moalboal.
Pay close attention to weather forecast while in Siquijor.

I would not go to Moalboal. First the sardines are not in Pescador Island anymore, but just by the shore of Moalboal town. I heard that recently there were gone...
I would rather go to dauin and do Apo Island, where diving AND snorkeling are amazing. Then you can do Siquijor.

Much easier than going to Moalboal.

I would not go to Moalboal. First the sardines are not in Pescador Island anymore, but just by the shore of Moalboal town. I heard that recently there were gone...
First is not new :it's been 5 years they left Pescador... it's not a reason not to go diving Pescador AND the Sardines, on the contrary that doubles the reasons to go to Moalboal.
Secondly, where did you get the info the sardines school suddenly left Panagsama beach (NOT Moalboal town) after settling there for 4 years (Just through the grapevine or verified info) ? I've seen photos of the sardines until mid Feb18.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom