Better late than never?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Originally posted by TexasMike
H O W D Y ! ! ! from Texas and the Texas Swamp Diving Team ("any mudhole, anywhere, anytime!").

I'm also on ICQ if ever you need my assistance.

Just for the record, I have to say Mike is an okay sorta fellow. I made a stupid beginner mistake this last weekend and ended up busting my LP inflator hose. Mike and Tom had gone home to get a forgotten regulator. When he got back I told them what I had done and he said "You should have gone ahead and used my regulator and all while I was gone."

He was the second person to make that offer and both of them I had only met that day. I must say scuba folks are the best kinda people!

Next time mike could you bring a couple of regs so I can have a few to choose from hehehehe.

Thanks!

Originally posted by kelpmermaid
Mario, but what is an ICQ?

ICQ is a free service you can download from http://www.icq.com And like NINman pointed out it allows you to do instant messaging with others across the globe, send files to one another, real time chat, as well as SMS capabilities. If you really want to get snazzy, open up an account with ICQ and others you have friends in and then download a program called Trillian from http://www.trillan.cc The program interfaces all of the other programs like ICQ, MSN, AOL, Yahoo etc into one, which makes it very easy to connect to anyone who has these all at the same time.

Enjoy!

Welcome!
i did the same thing-"lurked"-but for a few months
before I Intro'd to the Board.
It really is a great place .
Enjoy!
Miked

Kelpmermaid.... you've found the best site on the Internet to spend all your time out of the water!

What exactly did you mean by saying lobsters live like cockroaches? That's a very interesting concept - I don't get it! :loopy:

Hope you find this board as useful and amusing as we do.

:)

Hi keralucu-
Regarding the cockroach analogy, I have seen lobsters piled on each other, hiding in cracks and crevices during the day, waving their antennae (sp? Latin plurals!!Argh!), just waiting to come out in the dark and feed on whatever comes their way. And all those little legs... it freaks me out! They taste so good, though, that I can manage to put those thoughts aside, at least temporarily. I really never thought about how they lived until I saw them live underwater.

It's a REAL bug phobia you have! Well, I guess that's why they're called bugs in some parts. At least you can put your feelings aside when faced with a lobster on your plate!

(BTW - in some rural parts of Thailand, they actually do eat cockroaches... deep fried - yummy! NOT) :p

Welcome, welcome from yet another Canuk. You'll have a lot of fun here, learn much and gain friends. Welcome to the "family".

Hey Mario, thanks for the extra info on ICQ. Didn't know it could interface with the other "instant chat" programs.

Back
Top Bottom