Better for diving in Feb/March: Komodo or Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CarcharodonCarcharias

Contributor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Per the title, any suggestion on which of the spots will be a better dive destination?

I know that Komodo dry season starts in April so the sea might be a bit stormy. But I've been to R4 already, so I am looking for additional insights.

Thanks in advance!

Hello,

The weather is never certain, no matter what time of the year you visit. However, in our experience of running year-round trips in Komodo for 20+ years, April is a lovely time to be in the Park. There are less boats around and the weather is normally sunny above, with good visibility underwater. Feel free to contact us at info@adelaar-cruises.com if you would like to ask anything else about diving in Komodo in April!

Definitely Raja - I'm going in March... see you there!

Well if you havent been to Komodo then theres your answer. Awesome diving year round. Sure some months will be better than others but you cant go wrong any time there. I'd do both. Its a bit of a journey getting from Komodo to RA but I did just that last month and got the best of both.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom