Best Yucatan cenotes?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dave W

Registered
Reaction score
My wife and I are going to Maya Riviera in June and would like to dive cenotes again. We dove Chac Mol last time and loved it. We would like to dive different cenotes on this trip and were wondering people opinions on the best ones within that Maya Riviera? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

My wife and I really liked Dos Ojos. It's actually 2 dives, one is the regular Dos Ojos, and the other goes into the "Bat Cave." Spectacular.

We did Chac Mol as well. This was coupled with Kukulcan, which is really just a separate opening to the same system. They are linked through a small tunnel which OW divers aren't really supposed to traverse.

I believe that Taj Ma Ha is really nice too, but only from pictures and other people's descriptions. I'll have to check it out next time.

Wow, I really wish I was in your shoes. I would love to go back soon.

Was there for cave class recently. The cenotes i did with the camera were Carwash, Grand Cenote and Chickin Ha (or Extabay). Also dove Ponderosa and Taj Mahal

Grand Cenote was by far the most impressive, but cavern area was also the most crowded.

Caves/Caverns

Unfortunately, i did not break cave and cavern out, so the pics are all mixed up

My favorite dives are:

Taj Mahal, Nahoch, Dos Oyos (Mainline and Bat Cave), Grand Cenote, Ponderosa, Chicken Ha, Carwash, Calvera, Angileta.

You can check out some of the photos at:Cavern Photos then click on the cavern link.

Many thanks. I'll check them out...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom