Best wreck diving in USA poll. Please vote ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok So I dont have much diving experience, but, this summer I did 3 ship wrecks on the St. Laurence, and its amazing that these ships up here are in such good condition... Ok so the water is COLD but its what we got =)

it was cold during the summer? what summer.... it was 74 already in july 2010 looking to hit 79 to 80 in august ...
whats warm for you .... whew!

Off the North Carolina coast is my vote. The variety of historical wrecks, the abundance of sea life (including the numerous sandtigers) and the relatively warm waters offshore.

I have dove in North Carolina, and my vote is for the Great Lakes and St. Lawrence Seaway. No where else can you dive 200 year old intact wooden sailing ships and modern day freighters all in the same day. There are estimated to be 5000 to 6000 ship wrecks in the Great Lakes and they are discovering one or two new wrecks every year. You will find wrecks full of artifacts because it is against the law to remove anything from any wreck. For example, in Kingston you can dive a side wheel steamer that sank in1861 and both paddle wheels are still standing. In Tobermory you can dive an intact bark that sank in 1884 that has the bowsprit still in place, as well as both wooden stocked anchors, windlass, samson post,pump, etc.

Greetings fellow wreck diving enthusiasts and I think that the best wrecks in the world are found in; Great Lakes, NJ, NC, FL, and other coastal states I have not mentioned!
Every place can make a awesome case and I agree with them!
It is a harsh reality that there are so many incredible places and so little time to actually dive them.
I lament over the deterioration of the Doria it might very well be a rust pile before I get to touch her.

That is probably one of the saddest things about salt water wrecks they are deteriorating constantly and at a lot faster rate.
Slower in freshwater but still deteriorating.
I love the sunk wrecks in FL and feel they are equally awesome to other natural wrecks as well.
Every wreck has a story, history, awesome animal life and most importantly a best time to dive this a good thing to know when you are planning to visit them.
Wreck seasons are not the same all over the US! WRECK DIVER BEWARE!

Research the best time to dive them and when seasons are not favorable!
Till then I will do my best to investigate as many as I can! So many wrecks so little time and $$$$!
Safe diving all and I must confess I can be on Lake Mich. or Lake Huron in about 4 hours so I visit them more often.
Have no fear I am branching out!

CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom