Best/worst TV commercials of all time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of my latest favorites is one that I saw while in NZ last week. It's for Tui beer.

It opens up with an obviously digitally manipulated shot of the Tui brewery set among some lush "typically New Zealand" rural countryside. Three guys want to sneak inside and steal some Tui. The problem is that the brewery is heavily guarded by numerous scantily clad, but vicious-dog wielding, female guards.

One of the techniques they use to gain entry to the complex is to leave an expensive pair of designer high heels for a guard to find them, thus distracting her as they sneak inside. Yes it's horribly sexist, but hilariously funny.

They sneak out of the factory through the river that runs through the complex. In the river are more female Tui employees (all good looking of course) bathing in the river during their lunch break. Their plot is foiled when the rubber duckies used to disguise their snorkels falls off, forcing them to surface.

Their response when discovered: a Kiwi-accented "Quack!" :D

The Tui website even has the commercial to view:

http://www.tui.co.nz/default.asp

Oo!! two more good ones:

The Dansani commercial with the guy dressed as a bear coming out of a stream saying something like "Mountain Spring Water? Trust me, you do NOT want to drink that. There are salmon in there and you know what they're doing? Spawing!" So funny.

And the recent VW commercials where they go sort of Gansta' with the V-dub! So frinkin' funny.

And the current worst commercial on TV:
"Head On: Apply directly to the forehead. Head On: Apply directly to the forehead. Head On: Apply directly to the forehead. Head On: Apply directly to the forehead."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom