Best way to hang Halcyon SMB?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Marcus80

Registered
Reaction score
I just bought a Halcyon SMB. The 6'x8" variety. It's not exactly compact but it sure is noticeable whilst inflated. Now I dive wet with a SeaQuest Pro Unlimited, an thusly outfitted, I don't have the option of hanging it off the back of my BP/W as suggested in some other threads. I don't have any other auxilliary pockets, and the SMB itself has a bungee cord to keep it furled, but no bag to stow it in. I also bought a 2" spool from gulftex to compliment this setup. I am open to any and all suggestions as to where I should hang it, stuff sack etc. etc. Thanks for any advice. Mark

Unless you've practiced deploying using a spool I would suggest that you don't use it. It is useful if you are doing deco stops and need to deploy the marker from the 70' stop so that the boat knows where you are and can follow you. Other wise it is just extra gear you do not need.

Charlie99 has a shorter cord leash wrapped around his and it keeps it together. PM him for a picture or description. That is probably a better setup for you. He also uses a regular BC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom