Best way to don Wetsuit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hear you. I think i'm going to be a panty hose man myself lol. I may try some talc for the suit when its dry. Thanks for all the suggestions. The grocery store one sounds good too.

However you do it, just give up on looking macho while doing it. Wetsuit donning is never fun! Kinda like trying to keep your hair looking nice after diving or keeping your sinuses under control at all times.

Paula

If you're not fortunate enough to have extended leg zippers, the best way I have found is to be sitting down when starting to don your suit. Turn the bottom of the leg back as far as you can....then insert your foot.

SWT

mrmonk7663:
What is the best way to put on a wetsuit? Is there a trick? Is there something I can get to make it slide on easier? I have a large suit and it fits me pretty decent and feels good on, no limit of mobility, but it takes a bit to get up my legs and thighs. Can I put something inside or is there something I can buy to wear or whats the deal? I have heard ladies panty hose...but lol? Thanks.

Mike

Wow...men wearing p-hose to get into a wetsuit. I just assume struggle for a few minutes :wink:

--Matt

gfisher4792:
Some people use "Suit Snot," a mix of either half water/half hair conditioner or half water/half baby's shampoo.

I had trouble getting into my new full suit, so I tried this - wow! it took me less time than getting into a shorty! The other thing I like is if you have to fly somewhere, just take an empty spray bottle and mix it using hotel freebies when you get there.

It also makes very good post dive hair detangler if you use conditioner :D

mrmonk7663:
LOL, I might try the panty hose thing. If I do I'll report back how it works...but you have to promise not to tell anyone I know about it lol. Anyway, thanks yall.
The fun part would probably be watching you trying to get into a panty hose in the first place. I reckon it's one of those things the ladies just MAKE look easy!:eyebrow:

50/50 mix of baby shampoo and water in a spray bottle.

Talcum powder (only if the suit is dry).

Buy a Hyperstretch from Henderson.

I use a skin for all my dives, and add suit(s) as the temp goes down! Besides, I couldn't find the right color pantyhose in queen size!! lol

The spray stuff is sounding better than the panty hose lol. I did not get to use my suit today as the water was wayyyy to hot. I was in a pool doing my confined water stuff. I would get a Henderson but I only paid $44 for a full suit brand new and I can return it if I don't like it so I'm gonna go with this for now.

Later yall.

Back
Top Bottom