Best value focus light?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JDelage

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
What would be a very high value (i.e., cheap....) focus light? The idea would be to mount it on top of a Nauticam housing for the rx100ii.

Thanks,

JD

Try a Laluz 1000 lumen focus light....EBAY.

I used to use the fantasea nano on my old setup. Worked well for me. But then I flooded it.

I seem recall that it didn't have an on/off switch - rather you had to rotate the head. I think I flooded it by doing it carelessly - turned it the wrong way underwater. (I guess I still managed to turn it off by flooding it).

Value wise I think it was great. Just be careful (or don't turn it on/off underwater!)

I have a BigBlue AFO focus light that I don't use anymore - perfect condition (only about 15 dives on it) - as I upgraded to a Sola Photo 800 (not cheap). I used it with my RX100.

$125 includes shipping, 6 AAA eneloop batteries (light uses 3 at a time), cold-shoe mount, clamp, & focus light. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

Thx,

Attachments

• focus-light-set.jpg
    focus-light-set.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 89
  • focus-light-housing.jpg
    focus-light-housing.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 92
I love my sola 800 photo, but the new
Gobe from light and motion is also a contender.

The key to me was having lots and lots of light in a great spill pattern with decent run time and the option to switch from white to red on the fly. Hundreds of dives later Id buy the sola again in a heartbeat

good info

How useful is AFO (or similar) for a focus light?

Very useful when shooting in low visibility with suspended particles. Sometimes even if the light is not strong enough to expose the picture when you blast it at full power you do manage to get backscatter from it so auto off can be useful

Back
Top Bottom