Best Time to Visit Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaHankNYC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm thinking about visiting Bonaire between April - November for a week. Which month is the best to visit if you had to pick? I know general conditions are great year round. But are there any unique underwater events I should be thinking about - like coral spawning, bioluminescence, etc.

If given a choice, I would go in September. Slightly cooler than the summer and chance to see coral spawn. November can be wet.

You can catch the "ostracod show" if you're there a few days after the full moon any month. Not so much because of what's going on but what's not...we like Bonaire as a fall trip since it's below the hurricane belt. A bit more reliable for trip planning compared to other parts of the Caribbean that time of year. Have fun. :)

Another vote for late summer early fall, been there April,. August, early October, and December. Had best visibility, least bugs and rain in August and October.

I've been there 4 times (7 weeks total) and found the vis best in winter/late winter. Was just there Oct 28 - Nov 5. The vis was pretty awful. More suspended stuff in the water than any other time I've been there. From now on I will not go anytime close to the "rainy season".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom