Best time to put camera in housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everywhere I have used my camera/housing has been high in humidity and with air temps in the 80's to 90's and water temps in the mid 70's to high 80's. All I do is keep the housing out of the sun and put 1 or 2 dessicant packs in the housing. No air conditioning, no dry air...just install the packs and close the door. Mine has never fogged the least little bit while those around me with different/smaller housings have had fog issues.

My husband and I just got back from Bonaire yesterday. The best thing to do is keep your camera far away from air conditioning before you go diving. He had major fog problems when we took the camera from the ac to outside and underwater. He kept in camera & housing on a towel on the balcony outside (out of the housing) about 2 hours before we went out diving. The silica gel packs also help. If you can't keep it outside, don't enclose the camera in the housing until it has warmed up to the outside temp.

Have a good trip!

Karen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom