Best time to dive Socorro (Revillagigedo). What is November like?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi everyone!
A few diver friends and I are planning to go to the Socorro Islands on June 2018, on the Nautilus Explorer.
I´m reading that you all went on November or December, so I´m a little concerned... Are we choosing wrong? Has anyone gone on June? How is it?
Also, I was wondering... how is the trip to the islands like? Bumpy...?

Hi everyone!
A few diver friends and I are planning to go to the Socorro Islands on June 2018, on the Nautilus Explorer.
I´m reading that you all went on November or December, so I´m a little concerned... Are we choosing wrong? Has anyone gone on June? How is it?
Also, I was wondering... how is the trip to the islands like? Bumpy...?
You should have plenty to see. Take a look at post #3 on this thread for what to expect. Although I have never been here for "Bait Ball Season", I would imagine that it should make for some very cool encounters.

Have a great trip.

Thanks Hoag!
Can you share with me any comments about the trip from the mainland to the islands and back? Is it too rough?

Thanks Hoag!
Can you share with me any comments about the trip from the mainland to the islands and back? Is it too rough?
The trip will take overnight, about 20 hours. As for how rough it is, that really depends on the weather on the day(s) that you make the transits and where in the boat your cabin is. When I did it, the seas were relatively calm and I had a cabin near the middle of the boat, so it was nice and gentle. If we had to transit during a storm, and I was in a cabin near the bow, then it would be a totally different story.

One nice thing though is that while most Live Aboards limit you to only one or maybe two dives on the last day because of the flights home, we were able to get in a full dive day (4 dives) on our last day because of the transit time to get back to Cabo. Once in Cabo, we spent the last night on the boat and then flew out the next day.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom