Best Strobe For The Nikon S8000 w/Ikelite Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DavisLL

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm seriously lost and looking for help! I just purchased the Nikon Coolpix S8000 and the new Ikelite Housing #6184.80 that was just released. Now I need to make a decision on a strobe and don't know where to start in evaluating what strobe would be best for this set-up and that wouldn't break the bank! Anyone have a suggestion on one that is easy to use, will help produce decent pictures with a little practice, and that won't cost me a ton?

DavisLL,
congratulationf for your new camera and housing.
There are currently various treads going on regarding strobes. Checkt the Canon and Nikon forums. Any optical triggered slave stobe can be used on any camera if she fires a flash and the housing let pass it thru.

Here a short -maybe incomplete- list ordered by price
INTOVA ISS-2000
BONICA Neonhead XP
IKELITE AF-35 or DS51 + Ev-Controller
SEA&SEA YS-01 / YS-02
INON S-2000 or D-2000 or Z-240

Chris

Thanks for the information Chris! After reviewing several posts, I ended up purchasing the Ikelite AF-35. I'm now anxious to get in the water and begin learning how to take quality pictures.

now what you need to is take out a bank loan to pay for your DSLR set up which you will be wanting very soon.
welcome to the addiction

Hello, Have you had the camera in the water yet? How did the photos turn out and have you shot any video with it? If so could you please post some photos or video here? Thanks
Todd

Todd,
We just got back from our dive trip in Nassau, Bahamas. We dove with Stuart Cove's and had a blast. The camera, housing, and flash worked great and I would highly recommend if you are going to be a weekend underwater camera enthusiast. I worked with Nick at Stuart Cove's who is one of the many camera guys they put on your boat and he helped me a ton on getting used to shooting underwater. Here is a link to a partial video of our shark feeding dive as well as a couple of pictures I took. Let me know if you need any further info.[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• DSCN0756.jpg
    DSCN0756.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0518.jpg
    DSCN0518.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 84
  • DSCN0564.jpg
    DSCN0564.jpg
    427.1 KB · Views: 100
Here are a few more photos to give you an idea of what the camera can do. I'm still learning what to do with this thing so be kind!Picture 045.jpg

DSCN0658.jpg

One more and hopefully the link to the video.

Attachments

• DSCN0799.jpg
    DSCN0799.jpg
    387.5 KB · Views: 147
Here is finally the link to the video. Evidently it won't let you post a url unless you've had more than 5 posts. Let me know if you have any problem viewing and I'll send you a private link. Take care and good luck!

YouTube - DSCN0862_mpeg2video.mpg

Hi Im new here but im too interested in the case for the Nikon S8000
Did you make this Fotos with the standart Ikelite Case 6148.80
without Filters and Spezial Strobes, Lenses??
Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom