Best SMB

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oh OK - good to know. Any issues with the tape under water?
Not that I have experienced so far. If it starts to get "ratty", I'll just remove and replace.

Been happy with my XDeep DSMB. It's about 4.5" long and is fully sealed. Has a decent loop at the bottom for holding at the surface to keep it vertical. Has the reflective tape on it as well as a pocket to place a chem light or wet note for sending to surface. Appears to be well made, good stitching.

Write your name on the SMB in large black letters with a permanent marker pen. Also add your phone number. This lets the boat know it’s you and may mean you get it back should you loose it. It also "doesn’t get confused" with other people's SMBs.

Write your name on the SMB in large black letters with a permanent marker pen. Also add your phone number. This lets the boat know it’s you

I also put an 18"/450mm strip of bright-colored fabric on the top D-ring to differentiate me from other divers' DSMBs. You can't expect people to remember the size and brand of your buoy but they tend to remember that weirdo with a flag waving in the breeze.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom