Best small and light reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think Apeks Flight is more nice, than Micron... also it exist in PINK colour! :)
View attachment 526212
and it should be more lightweight

Wow...........I've never seen that color combination. If I may, yes the flight is slightly lighter........not really noticeable though and there are a couple of drawbacks, 1- it is warm water only and 2- it is hated by reg techs.

I used to use a non-swivel 110 degree angle on a 5' hose....

I think Apeks Flight is more nice, than Micron... also it exist in PINK colour! :)
View attachment 526212
and it should be more lightweight

Good luck getting that serviced if on a diving holiday. Requires numerous specialized tools that most shops will not have, uses proprietary hoses which most shops will not have. Apeks' entry into the "travel reg" market, was in my opinion, a fail. Didn't do much better with the XL4 but at least with that they did away with the silly hoses.

Wow...........I've never seen that color combination. If I may, yes the flight is slightly lighter........not really noticeable though and there are a couple of drawbacks, 1- it is warm water only and 2- it is hated by reg techs.

I thought the Mikron was warm water only too, is there now a sealed option? Cheers

I thought the Mikron was warm water only too, is there now a sealed option? Cheers
Mikron is warm water only. You could add an environmental seal kit if you want, it would be the same as the Titan or Core kit, but that still doesn't make the 2nd stage suitable for cold water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom