Best Settings For Hero2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Simon-

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
So, now got a Hero2, but can't/won't take it underwater yet as I am waiting for a flat lens to arrive from Backscatter.

Had a little go with it around the house, but with the settings at 1080 wide, the recorsding seems to have a touch of fish-eye about it.

It seems less on 1080 medium. I don't want to have to shoot everything in narrow.

What are the optimum settings for above and below the water. I will probably use an original housing for above and a modded (lens) below.

Cheers

underwater, I have used the medium setting, 127 degrees. This seems to work pretty well, wide enough to capture a lot and make aiming it and framing subject pretty easy and no vigentting on my flat lens.. i am using a MAKO lens, if that matters?

Cheers DD.

I guess it will be a case of try it and see what it comes out like

Just to piggyback on this thread ............

I have the backscatter housing for the Hero 2 so the wide / narrow setting should not be an issue.
Which frame rate produces the best / most usable footage? I took some footage on land but had the fps set to 25 so the footage was not smooth.
I have lent the camera out for a week or two so cannot experiment any further until next week, so hoping to draw on the experience of others before I go diving with it.

TIA

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom