Best Scuba Knowledge book for begineer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
Going to start my first OW lesson this evening ~ 5:30 pm classroom session.

Any good book that i could buy ? i figure that i will be given some PADI reading materials ?

but any good Scuba technical supplement book ???

:confused:

A good one is the Scuba Diving Encyclopedia. It's used as a study guide for divemasters but it's an excellent reference book anytime.

Another is Scuba Diving Explained by Dr. Lawrence Martin.

Here's a good general site for Scuba Diving Books.

Hi ,
You will get a PADI openwater kit when you start your class.
It has everything you need to know to get started. If you do like i did you will do a chapter and a review and the end .when you've done those you have a test at the end of the book and then do your pool dive.I hope you enjoy diving as much as i do.what part of Mississippi are you from?

HOwever, I would wait if I were you. The cert. agencies vary on certain details, & if you want to pass you tests, do not confuse yourself by absorbing a stew of resources right now. Wait until you have your OW tests done, then you will know more about what subjects you want to read more on.

There is one book that will entertain, inspire, & not bog you down in details: Scuba America by Al Tillman & Zale Parry (of Sea Hunt.) They relate the history of the sport in America with some humerous anecdotes & good visuals. Have fun!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom