Best Safety Oriented Kauai Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Aloha!

Looks like you've been getting great advice, and I am happy to help with any specifics as diversteve mentioned. All the companies run similar programs over to Niihau. Depending on what you desire specifically - your choice will potentially be easier. Some divers aren't concerned about size or speed of boat and others are. Seasports, Fathom Five and EKS all offer cover while Bubbles Below has almost zero cover for the bulk of the divers. Many aren't concerned with this, but for others it's a must on 10 plus hour day. Under the right conditions I think EKS is a fantastic option with the short crossing / return times and there unmatched customer service. The small groups are also hard to beat. Fathom Five is the other 6 passenger boat to Niihau while Bubbles will do as many as 10 on the similar size boat. I believe that the old owner of Bubbles Below captains some of the Niihau charters and nobody has near the experience diving there. DM Jordan is a fantastic DM for divers choosing Fathom. Super passionate and VERY safety conscious. Seaports has the largest most comfortable boat - and lots of shade. All of the captains there have numerous years of driving Niihau Charters. They also have (unless it has changed) fishing as a big part of their day with some really good luck at times catching Ono and even Ahi. Some divers love the excitement if a fish or two are caught, while others are a bit unsettled by a stern deck that can be covered with fish blood temporarily at times. The biggest difference for me (being in the industry) is the experience of Divemaster(s) and Captain. Niihau is best experienced by divers who have DM's with lots of experience at Niihau. EKS and Fathom drift dive their 6 diver boats with regularity. Seaports does the same and separates their 12 divers into 2 groups. They have an additional staff member on board to assist all divers in and out of the water which is great. Bubbles isn't likely to do drift dives just yet as they have a new to Kauai / Niihau captain and would additionally be required to have a deckhand / bubble watcher (for any drift diving) by coast guard regulations. This will surely change soon as the team gets more experience. The new owners are very enthusiastic but as you'd expect are still learning the diving game. Feel free to send me a PM if I can help with any specific questions that you may have related to the diving at Niihau or Kauai. For that matter I would be more than happy to help with any questions that you have regarding you Kauai stay. Aloha - hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
Cheers
A

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom