Best replacement for Casio Sea pathfinder dive watch?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafan99

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been using the titanium Sea pathfinder for three years. No atomic time, is solar, has depth gauge, time under water, Digital compass, thermometer, and barometer.

I'd been happy with it for 24/7 wear and backup. I could use the buttons underwater. Problem is, I just found out the titanium band is connected to the case with a skinny resin loop! So now I have a pocket watch! :angrymob: $250 wasted! I thought I'd get at least the 5 years I got out of the basic resin casios I've had before. The new Pathfinder skips the depth gauge & underwater timer now as well.

I've been looking at the posts here for opinions of folks like me that want a few basic features for fun when snorkeling/backup and as an every day watch.

The Citizen Eco-Drive Aqualand with Dive Log - 20th Anniversary Model I saw has good features but a weird look (and I just prefer digital)

The Citizen Hyper Aqualand Promaster Diving Watch line has some good reviews and looks good too. I just wish it has the solar! It'd be just my luck that the battery would die while on a trip, and I'm not wild about the time & $$ of mailing it back to them...

Does a watch similar to my old Sea pathfinder or the Hyper Aqualand Promaster exist that HAS the solar like the eco-drive and the Casio but is digital like the Casio or the Citizen??

I hate not having a watch but don't want to rush into a watch this time....

Thanks all!

I had really hoped to see SOME response to this in almost two months... I added this to the "What watch do real divers wear?" thread as well but no responses.:depressed:

I don't know if no one has an opinion or no one has bothered to read the post at all so I decided to give one last try. Anyone?

Your required specs are the problem. I am not aware of a eco drive (solar) type digital watch with your requirements. I have the Watch Details for Professional Diver: Citizen Eco-Drive and works great. However not digital, no compass termo or barometer.

All I need is time and depth.

I had really hoped to see SOME response to this in almost two months... I added this to the "What watch do real divers wear?" thread as well but no responses.:depressed:

I don't know if no one has an opinion or no one has bothered to read the post at all so I decided to give one last try. Anyone?

I just read your thread now. I would think one of the reasons for lack of responses is probably because scuba divers would rather purchase a watch-type dive computer instead -- at least that's what I would do.

I'm sorry I can't contribute as to which bottom timer is better.

Back
Top Bottom