Best regulators for sidemount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like my Apeks MTX-RC for SM and cold water.

I own Apeks DST, Scubapro Mk 19, Tecline R2 (Europe only ?) and last but not least a Mares 28 XR, that i find excellent. All with turrets as i dive sidemount mexican style and i need the 5th port.

I also have a Poseidon Jetstream Mk 3 (1st stage is the same as Xstream) which i like a lot in a romantic approach of diving, but i am fed up to send it every 6 month to service as 2nd stage is on free flow any time and nobody knows why !

I also have a Poseidon Jetstream Mk 3 (1st stage is the same as Xstream) which i like a lot in a romantic approach of diving, but i am fed up to send it every 6 month to service as 2nd stage is on free flow any time and nobody knows why!
I cannot fathom what your issue is with the Jetstream, which is what I most commonly use nowadays. I have never experienced a problem with them and am not sure what you find in the least bit "romantic" about them.

They're workhorses -- have been for over forty years. Once saw a Jeep run over one in Mexico; cracked the housing lengthwise, but the LP valve was left intact

Does it just free-flow upon pressurization? That could be an improper IP or a valve tube setting with just a loose set screw that gradually vibrates "out of tune" (which has occasionally happened); or maybe an issue with the servo, whether bent or dirty -- even a damaged valve insert (the so-called "condom" bit) can cause a leak.

Servicing every six months is really unheard of, and speaks more to the poor quality of the repair people than anything else. The Jetstream valve is tremendously simple to service -- and I usually only rebuild mine on an maybe an annual or biannual basis, if actually required, and whether I am not too lazy to take them apart . . .

Back
Top Bottom