Best programs for color correction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wally_lamma

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Being new to Scuba and UW-Digital pictures. What programs are best to use for Color correction and filtering. Took a bunch of pics in Honduras with new camera but without external strobe some have major blue coloring.
TIA
ChrisR

Hello, I strongly recommend Adobe PhotoShop. Any version newer than 5 would do (but why not get the newest right away...)

It really has all you need, and it's (unlike many other) pretty self-explanatory. Also, if you need a filter or effect which is not included as standard, almost everyhing is to be found on the internet.

Good luck!

/Kristian

PS. Personally I do not make any color renderings to my u/w pictures. Probably thats because I use diapositives, however, black/white film could really save bad light / low color situations...

I agree photoshop is kind of 'the standard' and probably the best imaging software - but it costs a lot (over $600).

I personally used JASC Paintshop Pro which gets always ratings as high as those Adobe receives in reviews.

JASC PSP is significantly less expensive (below $100) and for the 'average' user and semi-pro user it still offers more functions then you will ever need. It also boasts some photo enhancements tools which are pretty neat (e.g. red eye removal).

PSP is available online, at the moment in a special package, at Amazon and other places.

Just my 2 cents

Have fun with you pictures!

Ray

I've been using Adobe Photo Deluxe for several years. I think it came with an old scanner I had. I do minimal manipulations to my pictures and this program will do way more than I ever need.

I got Photo Shop LE with my camera but the learning curve is just too steep to mess with right now! I don't know if it's the different terminology or if I'm just stump stupid...I'll stay with PD!

I did read where there is a Photo Shop Elements in the $99 range. Supposed to be a lite version of the original.

I use ACDSee for a lot of my viewing, and it also does a pretty good job of auto adjusting levels as well as resizing. It's not as slick as photoshop, but it's shareware. If you want the full version and don't want to pay, it needs to connect once a month to download new ads and such.

I use photoshop for most of my stuff, but those that are concerned at price might want to give ACDSee a shot. The thing I like the most with it is that I can zoom out the size of pictures [since my originals are bigger than my screen] and then I can lock the sizing so I can blow through a bunch of pics and not have to resize after each one. It also does a good job with contact sheets.

Thanks to everyone who replied. It appears that the concensus is Adobe.
Hope to be able to share my pic's with the board. This is a graet place to share info and idea's..

Chris R

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom