Best places for big fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Whale sharks in Sogod Bay. Saw them a few days ago. Lots of them! Visibility way better than in Donsol, and you can even scuba dive with them if you want (although you won't be able to keep up with them). :)

Saddleback:
One once great but forgotten spot is off Fortune Island in Batangas. Even in its overfished dynamited state you can still see marlin leaping near sunset. Just last week a cousin of my bro in law saw several big mantas here. Now my instructor is going there on Monday to check it out from a new dive operator in the area.

imho nasugbu/ Fortune holds a lot of promise because aside from respectable macro in a few coves near Punta Fuego (like right off the main beach) it also has blue water action in the straits near Fortune and Twin Islands.

HI,
Please report back if there is a dive operator in the area,I want to dive again in Fortune Island, before we used to go there to dive and go fishing, stay overnite at the island. We bring our own tanks. When I went to matabunkay to go fishing last year, I saw on along the highway a dive center. Does anyone have the no. of this dive center in Matabungkay. It is before Matabungkay beach club. I want to inquire about diving in that area.
Tanks.:14:

gaudencio:
HI,
Please report back if there is a dive operator in the area,I want to dive again in Fortune Island, before we used to go there to dive and go fishing, stay overnite at the island. We bring our own tanks. When I went to matabunkay to go fishing last year, I saw on along the highway a dive center. Does anyone have the no. of this dive center in Matabungkay. It is before Matabungkay beach club. I want to inquire about diving in that area.
Tanks.:14:

i was at matabungkay beach club last year the dive op stopped operating already. i assume the best bet would be diving from either maya maya reef club or punta fuego (eureka dive is the dive op for punta fuego). hth.

Meron, johnny's dive inn, owned by johnny pena and they have been seeing lotsa mantas lately.

bttmdwllr:
Meron, johnny's dive inn, owned by johnny pena and they have been seeing lotsa mantas lately.

cool! based in matabungkay? the instructor i spoke to at peninsula de punta fuego claimed seeing mantas as well. forgot his name though.

numbers...i hope these are still active numbers. chip listed eureka's contact info.

http://www.scubaboard.com/showpost.php?p=1368468&postcount=22

guys do you have contact info of johnny's? eureka prices are kind of steep. maybe because they operate at punta fuego.

Back
Top Bottom