Best place to stay in Bonaire March 6th, 2010

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just booked the flight, thanks for the push. We officially are flying in on Delta on March 6th and flying out on March 13th. :)

Now the room. Liz from Golden Reef Inn has one available. As my husband says, we aren't going to be in the room much, so it not being right on the beach shouldn't make a difference.

WOW I am excited~

BTW, I have the same issue when ordering in restaurants. There are so many good things on the menu I hate to choose one dish over the other because the other dish might be better. Odd, since as a Production Manager my entire day is spent making decisions for other people and I do that with speed and ease.

Liz uses Wannadive, they get good recommendations here often. I'd book the dive/drive package thru her.

Have no experience with Golden Reef but do have with WannaDive. They have a great reputation and I'd say well deserved. AS others have mentioned its much easier to just go with the place you're staying. So recommend just doing everything with/through the Golden Reef Inn and therefore WannaDive.

Booked the hotel with Golden Reef Inn!

LOL, now I need to decipher hard sole diving boots for those shore entries.

Curious, how does one add the countdown clock to the signature?

Liz uses Wannadive, they get good recommendations here often. I'd book the dive/drive package thru her.

Have no experience with Golden Reef but do have with WannaDive. They have a great reputation and I'd say well deserved. AS others have mentioned its much easier to just go with the place you're staying. So recommend just doing everything with/through the Golden Reef Inn and therefore WannaDive.

Amen, I just got back from Bonaire and stayed a couple of days at GRI (private home the rest of the time) and dove with WannadiveBonaire. You will not find a nicer more customer oriented bunch than at WDB. Do plan on attending the BBQ that GRI puts on (Mondays I think). Gibi is a great host and cooks some great local food.

You'll have a great experience at GRI! Don't go crazy worrying about boots, just make sure they aren't the soft sole type and you'll be fine. You don't need a pair of "rock boots", just boots with a good sole on them.

Yup, Liz (Golden Reef Inn) uses Wannadive and Total Car Rentals, as of last Oct.

As Drrich2 said, a bunch of us from Parrot Island Scuba Club will be staying at Eden Beach the same time.

Eden Beach is where you'll most likely register for your diving and take the required orientation - probably Sun morning. We'll be there too, so fell free to say hi, and you'll be welcome to join some of our dives, if you want.

Also, some of the group will be on the same Delta flight out of ATL - and I'm sure they will be wearing the Parrot Island T shirts. Again, say hi. Personally, I'll be flying on Continental, because I can get better connections out of Colorado.

I'll be assisting this group - just ask any of the wannadive crew for DM Rick with the dive group. Feel free to ask any questions too, I've stayed at GRI several times, and have dove with wannadive 7 times in the last 3 years.

We will be flying out of NYC on a direct, landing about 4:18pm.
At that point the stores are closed (so I have read). Where do you all recommend we go for dinner that's close to Golden Reef Inn?

Close it a relative term, there really is nothing far away on Bonaire. Still, for close there is Rum Runners at Captain Dons, Lions Den at Buddy Dive and Sunset Restaurant at Den Laman. They are all good however they are also some of the more expensive restautants. There is also Eli's Deli at the traffic circle, not sure what they have for dinner but I hear that the sandwiches are great. All less than a mile away. For better prices, go down town. It's maybe 5 miles at the most. Park on the waterfront and you have a good many in easy walking distance, City Cafe, Rib Factory, Whataburger and Papagayo to name a few. A little past town is Casa Blanca and Catcus Blue, both great places.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom