Best Place to Find These Nudibranchs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dwashbur

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
One critter we haven't found in our time in the Monterey area is the Spanish Shawl, Flabellina iodinea. I have discovered that different people have different names for some of these critters, so I should specify I'm talking about these guys. Can anybody tell me a good spot in the Monterey/Carmel area to find them?

The place I've seen the most of them is on the deep shale: Anchors 2&3, the Steam Engine, etc.

I can't seem to find any info on these. Where are they?

Alibi_2, you need a new compass. The breakwater runs more or less East/West. ;-)

Maybe the compass was thrown off by the steel plate in his buddy's head or something :rofl3: Or perhaps he means the north side of the end of the breakwater? Alibi? How about it?

I've seen them at several sites in the bay, nearly all of them boat dives and mostly on the shale. I've also seen them many times at Lobos, but almost always 100 feet or deeper.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom