Best Place to Dive in Costa Rica?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mroznik

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,
I am planning to go diving in Costa Rica in the end of April, I was wondering where the best place diving is throughout all of Costa Rica? Please share your experiences and insight. Thanks!

Cocos Island is considered the best diving in Costa Rica, but the only way to dive it is via (expensive) 8-10 day liveaboard (from CR the options are Aggressor/Peter Hughes & Undersea Hunter Group). If Cocos is not an option the next question is Pacific vs Caribbean diving (note that CR is known more for Pacific diving). With that as a general guideline I suggest you read the posts in this forum to find out more about the specific sites.

Edit - I didn't notice that this was posted in the marketplace forum. Read the parent Central America forum for more about the specific sites.

Indeed - Cocos Island is the top diving in Costa Rica but it's liveaboard only.

If you are on the Caribbean side of the mainland - In Puerto Vierjo the operator Reef Riders is a well known outfit.

The Catalina Islands off Guanacaste or Isla Del Cano off Osa are both very nice diving.

Cocos hands down. Nice Hammers. we had better luck in Galapagos and we have done both trips multiple times via liveaboard on both.

Short of Isla Del Coco, which we haven't been able to afford yet, the Catalinas and Isla Del Cano are the best. Given a choice of the two I prefer Cano, but the Catalinas are much more accessible

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom