Best Place In Palm Beach For Drysuit Training/alterations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kairoos

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey guys, I recently picked up a Bare trilaminate drysuit at a fantastic price and I'm interested in some training. I don't really care about getting a certification but learning some skills, depending on the price... Can anyone recommend any people or shops for this?

Also, can anyone recommend a shop that is experienced working with drysuits? My usual store has no experience at all. I'm thinking about adding the SI tech oval wrist, and neck systems onto the suit. If I decide I don't want to install it myself, I'd like to find a shop that can do the work for me.

You can do the wrists yourself with the heat tape from Dive Right in Scuba. I wouldn't mess with the neck installation, and I had all the tools.
Your closest best bet is Steve Gamble in Gainesville.
The other estimable option to consider is a relief zipper. I had a p-valve in my dry suit, and it was a godawful PITA to hook up before a dive. And then I got a wicked UTI when I didn't clean it properly. No more p-valves for me.
Down here, there's no real trick to dry suit diving since you won't have much, if any, insulation underneath.
The best part for me was that initial drop to the bottom with no gas in the suit. The full body squeeze always felt like I was getting a body tuneup.
Good luck with all that.

I whole-heartedly recommend James Weber as an instructor.

Second on sending it to Steve Gamble for repairs/changes.
Gamble Scuba

Plus 3...Steve is quick, His repairs & replacements last and last and last and last. Should be one day shipping even by cheap USPS ground from WPB to him. Not just drysuits either---he put some great kevlar knee pads on my 7mm full neoprene suit too.

You can do the wrists yourself with the heat tape from Dive Right in Scuba. I wouldn't mess with the neck installation, and I had all the tools.
Your closest best bet is Steve Gamble in Gainesville.
The other estimable option to consider is a relief zipper. I had a p-valve in my dry suit, and it was a godawful PITA to hook up before a dive. And then I got a wicked UTI when I didn't clean it properly. No more p-valves for me.
Down here, there's no real trick to dry suit diving since you won't have much, if any, insulation underneath.
The best part for me was that initial drop to the bottom with no gas in the suit. The full body squeeze always felt like I was getting a body tuneup.
Good luck with all that.

Thanks! I contacted a few local shops and some of them recommended Steve Gamble as well. The wrist seal system seems like it would be easy to install, so I'll probably try that one myself. The neck seal system installation seems like it could be tricky, so I may have to send my suit out to Steve for that one.

Did you go with the oval or round rings? Are you using silicone or latex seals? I think I want to go silicone.

I actually have no desire to go with a pee valve. It seems like it would be a hassle, and I don't do any deco diving so I can typically wait until I'm back on the boat to go!

Call Steve.

Talk to him find out his price.

My bet, it will be cheaper to send it all to him for install than sending it for him to fix.

He is reasonable.

I went with oval seals. Initially latex, then silicone. I hated the latex seals, but the silicone were pretty neat.
All of my dry suits finally got too leaky. If I get another one, it'll probably be a DUI 30-30.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom